25 April 2013

Science Fiction Musings

Science Fiction League (March 1958) ... The Re...
Science Fiction


I have not written in a while but I have been  reading short stories and watching movies and shows both old and new. I am watching Stargate Atlantis from the beginning, I used to complain about the lack of depth in the show, but compared to some newer series, it is refreshing to hear cogent dialogue! Some of the newer shows whether they are fantasy, sci fi, or horror, are either erratic in their story telling or too doomsday, for example, Lost Girl started out unique and interesting but the plot got lost right along with the girl.  Remakes rarely work (except in the case of Battlestar Galatica!) and Beauty and the Beast which of course was first written in the 18th century so anything is a remake, but in television, who could match Ron Pearl as Vincent and Linda Hamilton as Catherine, it was mysterious and romantic, but then again, I love mysterious and romantic. I am fed up with all of the climate change so called science fiction movies, and I am not happy with the new Star Trek, for me, TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager all rock and the movies with the original crews were equally good. I never get tired or bored with Star Trek.
I read a great little  short story over at Daily Science Fiction about time travel, one of my favorite topics in science fiction. It is from the perspective of someone traveling from our past into our present and from the point of view of a Lady, so we are given sage advice as how not to faint from shock, it is a clever little story which you can read HERE.
Enjoy!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: